Deep Arts the Online Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Deep Arts the Online Coven

This site is a continuation of the coven Deep Arts, but members that don't belong to that coven on SoM are welcome to join.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reporting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Legion
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Legion

Reporting Empty
PostSubject: Reporting   Reporting EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:31 pm

The Reporting option for this site has been activated for different reasons.

Here you may see the different options one has for reporting and their meanings or desriptions for better understanding them.

Offensive Off Topic Post- An off topic post that offends a member in more than a personal sense. Meaning that it should be found offending to more than just one person instead of some deeply personal issues.

Offensive On Topic Post- Similar to the one above except this option just means a post that is still on topic yet offending.

Plagiarizm- Copying both copywrited or non-copywrited work(s) of another source either and or almost word for word and using it as one's own work(s). An example being the easy task of copy and paste from another site into a lesson and calling it theirs, then someone should report it.

Offensive False Assumption(s)- A false accusation of some kind that brings offense to someone and seems to be in a deliberate manner. They know you didn't do it but still say you did and you don't like it.

Writen Harassment- This could be anything really, a member not leaving an argument alone with another member after it being proclaimed settled or simply picking on another member and making them feel uncomfortable or upset.

Public Declaration of Slander or Gossip- Slander and Gossip are almost the same things, they both practically mean to talk aboutsomeone in a hateful and VERY disrespectful manner. Now, a public declaration of this is basicly referring to being accused publicly of causing or creating problems through slander or gossip. He said, she said, we all said shut up and they won't leave it alone... Report them please.

Slander or Gossip- A post deemed full out guilty of "flaming", slander or gossip.

Offensive Stereotyping- Categorization that may offend either and or a single person or persona (character).

Racism- We all know what this is but for those who may not it is offensive descrimination against a specified or occasionally non specified race of being. ie "I don't like charley because he's a WHITE unicorn", this is very naughty ans should be punished.

Sexism- The same as racism except not descrimination against a certain race but gender or sex. ie, "I don't want that Legion chick running the site because well, she's a FEMALE", this is also very naughty.

Religious Descrimination- Use inductive reasoning to figure this one out. ie "I'm a night-kind witch so I'm not allowed to use sun magick", also very naughty.

Flaming- Losing your damn mind in the forums. Explained in our rules.

Egotistical Revolt- Now thise one some of you might not understand but if you knew "Fawkes" from SoM you'd know where I'm coming from on this. Revolt means to rebel or go against authority. Egotistical means feeling self righteous or self reliable among the non reliable, someone who feels they are "all that and a bag o' chips too". Now Egotistical Revolt is a nasty thing to deal with on a website especially one like SoM, it is extremely annoying to those of us who have brains and is usually quite intoxicating or easily flurishing meaning it's one of those things that people listen to and start to support without second opinion. An example of this is someone shouting out in a public forum that anarchy is the best way and that the rules need to take a hike along with all or at least some authority. Like the user on SoM, Fawkes, claimed that the site was full of propoganda and therefore started his own in an "egotistical revolt" against the mods and ultimately against some of his friends.

--

All of these are either directly or indirectly against the rules, report each with caution but with certaintity and effective immediance for the safety of our site.

Last edited by Legion on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Legion
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Legion

Reporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reporting   Reporting EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Reporting someone is a serious thing. Never think about messing around for a dumb laugh and wrongfuly reporting someone for something they didn't do, that is a serious offense. We administrators check each and every one of the posts reported so here are some tips for reporting to make sure that you aren't the one ending up in trouble:

*Again, never report someone for something they didn't do
*If it is an iffy thing and you aren't sure weither or not to report it, email an administrator or moderator before reporting it
*When you report, it is attached to a specific post, please make sure you report the post of which the member had done that of which you report them for
*Be careful to read all of the options listed above and their definitions/descriptions so you know exactly what to report someone for
*Do not report someone for a minor sense of opinion, only report it if they are deliberately or are clearly being extra dupid... stupid* drunken
*Don't try reporting adminitrators, it's set to where you can't so don't start flaming because you can't
*Don't flame an issue or make drama out of it or you'll get reported

--

Alright that should be good to keep all of you out of trouble to the best of my abilities so thank you for reading please enjoy what we've given you. And try to understand what a lot of people on SoM don't understand about Petrarca... This is MY damn site, I make all the flipping rules I want!!!
Back to top Go down
Legion
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Legion

Reporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reporting   Reporting EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:59 pm

If there is an exceptional option to report someone for that you don't see listed, tell me I'll add it for you if I see fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reporting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reporting   Reporting Empty

Back to top Go down

Reporting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Arts the Online Coven :: Member's Assistance :: Basic Site Info.-
Jump to: